After stepping away for a couple of days from the first small painting that I made in Norval, I feel the composition could have been better. Friends had pointed that out to me, but I needed to disengage from it for a while to really see it.
I decided to crop it a bit and bring the focus closer on the main elements. Here is what it looks like now:
I also decided that I need the help of a view finder in the field so I could compose my paintings better. I made a small view finder from black foam board, and it will be in my kit on the next sojourn.
PS: I didn't physically crop the painting. Just used a smaller mat.