Thursday, August 30, 2007

Miami Coconuts

While every one is working on their poems for Sunday, I traveled to Miami for a couple of days and had a fleeting moment to study the coconut trees in these three little sketches. This my seem like a "daa" to many readers who live among the
tropical trees, but for a guy who lives among the Spruces, it was an "a-ha" moment. Coconut trees have leaves that spread leaflets from the stem, while palm trees have a fan shaped leaf with a long narrow stem that then opens like fingers mid-way up.
Anyway hope you like the studies.

5 comments:

  1. I think you do palm trees very well, Fawzan, but it is nice to have you back, as I am sure Rima will tell you also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see that I should have said that you do coconut trees very well. Oops! You just got done explaining the difference too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these coconut trees and can almost feel the breeze blowing on them. Beautiful work, Fawzan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. like these. They remind me of something, but I can't remember what. Some artist I saw many years ago, but the memory is vague. lovely light

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your pieces are stunning. I found watercolors so hard to control. You have it down pat!!! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.