Saturday, September 22, 2007

Peggy's Cove

I spent some time in Halifax on business and got a free day to go sight seeing last Saturday. It was rainy and overcast all day, but it was the perfect setting to go see the coves and fishing towns on the southern east coast of the island. We made it from Halifax to Lunenburg passing, of course, through Peggy's Cove.
I couldn't paint at all. It was wet, windy and just not the weather to bring out paper and try to do anything with it except fly it! I did, however, get a lot of reference photos and made a lot of mental notes which I will translate into sketches and paintings soon I hope.

The place that I was most drawn to in the day trip was Mahone Bay. An absolute dream like location for painting. I wonder if I were to arrange a group painting trip to Halifax sometime next summer what would be the response? We would need at least a dozen people to make it worth while and get good discounts. Any takers out there??
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful. Might be a bit far for me to come to work en plein air. LOL.
    Looking forward to your next set of paintings - good to get a stack of references ready for the long winter.
    Otherwise you'll have to settle for cosy indoor scenes, nothing wrong with that though. I love watercolours of interiors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to see a new post again, Fawzan. Missed having you around. Judging from the photograph, you went to a real nice place. Too bad you couldn't do any painting. I am looking forward to seeing what you'll make of it in the near future. I won't be able to go on your group painting trip, but I'm sure it will be splendid. I am looking forward to seeing your next watercolors.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.