Saturday, May 10, 2008

Kelwona, Mission Hill Sketches

Kelowna, West Bank from the Mission Hill Winery
Pencil and water on Paper 4"x6"
I spent a couple of days on business in Kelowna, BC. The area is as beautiful as BC gets! While I didn't have any time to do any painting, I managed to sketch a few pen and pencil works worth sharing.

Kelowna, Mission Hill Winery Ink and water on Paper 4"x6"

Incidentally, if you follow my sketches, you know I like to wet my ink and usually use water-soluble graphite pencils as well. I didn't have my water-soluble graphites with me. All I had was a golf pencil (the tiny ones used to track scores on the golf course). Guess what? I just discovered that these are the cheapest water-soluble pencils around!!! So much for the expensive Derwents!! I know where to get my next stash!!

Kelowna, Looking North Ink and water on Paper 4"x6"

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful renderings. I've been to this area of BC and it's quite lovely, you really captured the essence.

    I wonder if the miniature golf pencils are just as good.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. The sketches would have to be tiny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful landscapes! I like your blog. Would you like to do a link exchange? I’m a fellow artist trying to build my ranking by getting more reciprocal links. If interested please email me at:

    amaloneyart@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful landscape drawings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. now we want some action. Time for more painting, or photography. Cmon - LOL

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.