Saturday, September 13, 2008

Sailing; closing out the summer

Summer is drawing to a close up here and soon the colours of the leaves will start changing. That will herald another phase of painting and the colours in the palette will shift ever so subtly to the warm fall ones. For now though, one more painting to celebrate the summer with all its yellows and blues.

Whenever I can, I am enjoying knife painting. It keeps you honest and incapable of fussing with the details. Something I really enjoy avoiding and love when my viewers can see more details than I know I have put in there. That is when you know that the painting works because the viewer has engaged actively in viewing it.

Sailing, 9"x7" Acrylic on Canvas board. © Fawzan Barrage 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.