Sunday, October 26, 2008

Cottage View

It's that time of year again. The colours have changed and the bright reds and yellows are giving way to browns and gold. Soon the trees will be bare and the first snow flakes will start silently coming down.
I have not been using Oil Pastels lately. having the studio has allowed me to spread my stuff and finally be able to take out my Acrylic paints. I have been enjoying these a lot. But today I wanted to revisit the Oil Pastels. Especially with this subject matter, it cried out for Oil Pastels, and I was happy to oblige. There is a certain freedom in not being hooked to one medium. One is free to chose the medium that best suites the occasion!
I am not sure what to make of this one. I usually don't like my work when it is done, and then learn to enjoy it as I grow further from it emotionally. I don't know if that makes sense!

8"x10",Oil Pastel on Paper

2 comments:

  1. I like this scene very much, especially the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.