Sunday, October 12, 2008

Nocturne - Waiting for Day Break (Revisted)

I have not had a lot of free time to practice my art lately, but I finally got some time this weekend and I went straight to this little painting and reworked it. The fact is that because I come to Acrylic from Watercolour, I tend to place the paint on the canvas in a thin layer when using a brush. I needed to make the painting richer and I also needed to work on the overall image some more.
Nocturne - Waiting for Day Break, Acrylic on Canvas Panel, 5"x7".

I love working in Acrylic paint. It allows me to build up my work and accommodates my life interruptions without punishing me like Watercolour does.

3 comments:

  1. It is coming along nicely isn't it? I liked it before but now it is even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) I was just having fun trying out Whistler's colours for nocturne paintings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I jus love nightime pieces and the lights reflected! Your video was wonderful ,loved the song also.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.