Sunday, February 22, 2009

Fresh Snow Second Side Road Burlington - Plein Air

Today, after breakfast with the family, I packed my gear and headed off west
to do an en plein air painting. It had snowed yesterday and flurries were still falling off and on, but there was no stopping me today. I have been looking forward to going out all week and I was not going to be denied.

Because it was rather cold, I decided that I would paint while sitting in the hatch of my SUV. I set-up my paints, closed the hatch door and opened the hatch window so I could see the true colours outside.

The subtle colours after the snow were a treat to paint. With the sun finally breaking through just at the right time, I was able to sample the light and colours that I needed and to mold the surface. I hope you enjoy it!

Fresh Snow Second Side Road Burlington - Plein Air
8"x10" Acrylic on primed masonite board



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.