Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My first Rejection Letter

Oh well... My first submission was rejected :( But I guess I am in good company. Most of the artists I admire most were rejected regularly.

Here is the email I got:

Unfortunately, the artwork you entered into the Art Gallery of Peel’s Annual Juried Show was not selected for this year’s exhibition. Our jurors had a very difficult time selecting the show – out of the 366 works submitted; only 61 were chosen.

We ask that you pick up your work as soon as possible, by Sunday April, 5 at the latest. You can pick up your work anytime during our regular hours: weekdays 10 – 4:30; Thursday evening from 6 – 9 p.m; Saturday and Sunday 12 – 4:30.

You’re welcome to attend the opening of the show on April 8 from 8 – 10 p.m; the jurors will be present to talk about the show and answer questions. If you have any questions concerning the exhibition, please do not hesitate to contact the gallery.


*Sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.