Sunday, May 10, 2009

Rapids

Just a 6"x4" Acrylic for today. I am enjoying taping these while I work on them. It is teaching me a lot about how I work.

I really enjoyed doing this one. I mixed some modeling paste with the colours and had a bit of trouble with it at first. I am not sure if you can see it, but the texture on this one is exactly what I am looking for. I was getting disappointed with acrylics because I couldn't preserve the brush work and texture. These just seemed to melt away as the paint dried. Now, with the modeling paste, the texture is there to stay. I like it a lot.


(Details)




Rapids, 6"x4" acrylics on canvas board.

2 comments:

  1. nice and meaty. Interesting you are still doing acrylics after your reaction against them a while back. How did you overcome your block with them?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.