Saturday, June 13, 2009

Credit River


The credit river runs through Mississauga where I live. The banks of the river as it winds through Mississauga, have been turned into nature reserves and park land. This network of nature in the middle of suburban life has become my favored subject for painting in the last few months.

Last weekend, I revisited the Credit just under the Burnhamthorpe bridge and settled down to do this painting. The day was ideal. Not too hot, not too cold and the wind was just enough to keep the bugs away, but not hard enough to dry my acrylic paints. It took me 2 1/2 hrs to make this 8"x10" acrylic on canvas.

1 comment:

  1. Your painting is lovely, just the kind of look I could never achieve with oils, acrylics. And by the way love your tut on the bijou box. Have it bookmarked and am starting to work on one.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.