Wednesday, July 01, 2009

The Credit River from the Village Bridge

I braved the threatening clouds today and headed out to paint en plein air. No group this time. Just a lone wolf on the hunt for a scene to paint. I ended up just north of the 401 on the bridge entering the Credit Village. The bridge, obviously over looks the Credit river (my theme for the year I guess!) is narrow, but I managed to find a spot away from the cars and the bikes. I didn't have much time and it actually rained a bit on me but not enough to soak the umbrella. The river is much wider than I chose to paint it. I was mostly interested in the shadows and the aerial perspective so I chose to make the river narrower. Call it artistic license! There is a lot of glare in the photo which basically washes the colours away. I will take another picture later.

The painting is not yet finished. I still need to tweak it a bit but I thought I would share it with you anyway.
The Credit River From The Village Bridge, Oil on primed masonite board, 8"x10"

6 comments:

  1. I am certainly enjoying your paintings. I do check your blog and am looking forward to your sharing more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Barbra joan. I recently moved from Acrylics to oil and I am having a lot of fun with the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see a deeper depth to these oils, don't you? As always, I love this picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Bobbie. Because the colours are stable (They dry to the same colour as the ones you place wet) You have more certainty of end design so you can nuance the depth better... Well at least that is my story LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely ending to a beautiful start!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Bobbie ;)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.