Monday, October 12, 2009

Yes, it is fall

Happy Thanksgiving everyone... well Canadians at least ;)

Small Field In Fall, Oil on canvas, 8"x10"
Up here, fall is in its full glory... and miserable, cold, wet, and windy as well. We all want Autumn to be a colourful Indian Summer of course, but given the real summer that we had (wet, cold, and windy), why should we expect anything better for this season. *sigh*
Anyway, I decided some time last summer not to wait any more on nature for permission to paint. With layers on, and a deep breath, I spent the last two mornings out in the cold with my paints and brushes. Saturday was not too bad actually. Cool, but you could easily spend the day outdoors. Yesterday, on the other hand was hell. The wind just didn't stop and it was COLD. Football weather cold I mean.
Still, I managed to turn out these two. These took a couple of hours each, and I reserve the right to tweak them in the studio. I have not signed them yet. Small Field, was done on Sunday in the cold. Credit From Streetsville was done Saturday. There are subtle colours in the sky in both of these that I am not sure shows through in the photos.


Credit From Streetsville, Oil on canvas, 8"x10"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.