Saturday, January 09, 2010

Morning Field, Winter

On Saturday, January 2, 2010, while everyone else was nursing the customary New Year hangover, a group of 8 OPAS (Ontario Plein Air Society) painters headed out to Scottsdale Farm north of Georgetown in Ontario. We were determined to start the year with a bang despite the cold (-17c) temperature.

The bone-chilling cold day started with a blazing sun dancing off of the brilliant snow. I set up my pochade box and quickly captured the essence of the field knowing that we would not have the company of the sun for long. Sure enough, a bit later, the sun gave way to clouds and the snow started falling. I put away the painting that I started (This one here) and began another one (unfinished yet) that reflected the changed atmosphere. It is very hard to paint a bright sunny day when the colours around have changed to subdued pastels. Better finish that one in the studio and start a new one. And that's what I did.

I hope you enjoy this one. I call it "Morning Field, Winter". I am hoping to capture this field through the seasons this year.

Morning Field, Winter, Oil on board, 8"x10"
And so a new year starts; full of promise and wide horizons. Happy New Year to all my readers, and thank you so much for always coming back and sharing my journey in art.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, simply beautiful. mmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bobbie thank you :)

    I am really happy with my last two. Finally my voice, my style.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.