Monday, February 15, 2010

Creek in Winter

I have been busy painting up a storm in my studio and keeping some of these as surprises for when I finally open up my online gallery. It will be a sort of cyber-opening so I will expect all to grab a glass of wine and go through the works once it is ready. I will, of course, send invitations to all who are following this blog.

Creek in Winter, 5"x4" Oil on Canvas board.

I didn't want to leave the blog idle though, so here is a small work that I did yesterday.





Last winter I went on a plein air session in the Niagara Falls area and stopped to sketch this creek as it was thawing. I took some reference photos for future use as well. I picked this photo up yesterday and played with a sombre split complementary to interpret the scene. Colour and music! Nothing can covey a mood any better.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for adding the little painting. It's great. I'm looking forward to your opening. Neat Idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Fawzan... this painting is very beautiful. Came across your website on twitter. Love the colors and peaceful composition. If you were to really name this painting, what would it be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having been experimenting with texture in my art I love the texture you have created here and the mood it has captured.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First look and I thought.. that is nice, then I realized it was a mini.

    Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. Please try to be there next Friday at the Web Opening. It is going to be fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love this!! It may be a small work, but there's something special about it. It reminds me of a Group of Seven if you don't mind me saying. Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ishrath, I am not sure what to call it. I used to be able to come up with great names, but lately I am getting sloppy on that side :(

    Sharon, thank you. Comparing my work to the group of seven is a great complement for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful little painting..such grat texture and mood

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the color and texture.

    What does the text say on your header? (way too "busy" to read)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.