Sunday, March 14, 2010

Farm Shack In Winter

Last week a small group of OPAS painters headed out to our favourite place: Scotsdale Farm near Acton. It was a glorious sunny day. So warm and sunny that the ice I started out standing on soon turned to water and I was standing in a couple of inches of water for the duration of my paint out!

I had seen this shack on many occasions but that day was perfect for it. I finished most of it on location, but that sun was so bright that I ended up tweaking the values back in the studio. I hope you enjoy it!


Farm Shack in Winter, Oil on canvas board 8"x10" $350.00 Own it now.

7 comments:

  1. wonderful! I really enjoy reading your blog,... have a nice day @_@

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belle atmosphère, belle réalisation

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the inclusion of the shack, giving the wilderness a touch of man's presence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all and Merci! I really enjoyed painting this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. It’s a very great blog. I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it. Keep doing. Nice blog. I will keep visiting very often.
    (BBQ)Brick Barbecue Grill and Garden Ornaments

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your painterly style! Beautiful:-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.