Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Rain On Loon Lake


0800 Rain on Loon Lake
Rain On Loon Lake, 8”x 10” Oil on Canvas board, Plein air US$340

Loon lake is in the Haliburton East Highlands in Ontario. I painted this during a heavy down pour. I was on my way back from a weekend of painting when the heavy rains started. I had to park on the side of the road to wait out the worst of it and this was the view from my car window. I did this one in the car and glazed it a few times when it dried.
I love the way the haze turned out in it. Just what I was hoping for. A moody dreamy little gem.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, nice Zan! Great atmosphere and mood. I have not been able to figure out a comfortable way to paint from the car yet. Maybe I just need a larger car...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi George,
    I actually jumped in the back seat, put a tarp I was using under my tent over the car seats and had my poachde sitting on my backpack in the seat next to me. Not that comfortable, but this scene just had to be painted :) Glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toute mes félicitations pour cette peinture... travaillée dans des conditions très difficiles.
    On peut dire que le sujet a été pris sur le vif... je n'aime pas la pluie mais cependant je trouve cette peinture d'une grande beauté et elle génère une grande sérénité, une paix intense.
    Bravo.
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that, very atmospheric. Cool and calm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merci Martine! Thanks Frances!
    I almost hate letting this one go, but someone once said: "A painting is not done until it is on someone's wall". So I hope this one will be done soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.