Saturday, July 30, 2011

Art Camping VI

Today was the last day of pure plein air for the week. The TRIBE (frequenters of The Brush With The Highlands) came in on Thursday and the event started on Friday. Tomorrow is the juried show and 40 of us are painting a mammoth plein air all together.
Tonight is camp fire night with singing and celebrating going on to the wee hours of the morning. It is ouir way of celebrating the summer event and spending time with palette friends.
I am ready to go home. I ended up with about 10 show-able pieces and the same number of duds :). That is actually a very good average. Although most artists won't tell you, we don't bat much better than the average baseball player.
I made a lot of new friends and spent some quality time with my camping cat Mina. We will both be happy to be in our comfy bed tomorrow though.
Doing around 20 paintings in a week has been exhausting but the growth has been tremendous! I will clean up the works in the next couple of weeks and have a cyber-show for you all to enjoy with me.
Thanks you for following my adventure with Mina. I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did!
Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

2 comments:

  1. Man, 20 paintings! I did four, but I am just a newbie. It was a great weekend and I plan to do it again. I will also be joining your plein air society and hope to see you and paint with you in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Roderik! To be fair I was up there for a week not just a couple of days :) I actually did more than 20 but I will never admit to the others :0 They were horrible!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.