Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Farm Road Down

Trees have a lot of character! You know how you sometimes look at dogs and can picture a human face to their look? Trees are like that, but they assume a whole body look. So when I look at trees sometimes they either make me happy or they make me sombre. This one was definitely on the happy side. Stuck at the tight edge of the road it had the feel of someone who is avoiding being splashed by the mud on the driveway!

This is the second painting I did at Scotsdale Farm last weekend.

FarmRoadDown-500
Farm Road Down, oil on panel, 8”x10” Plein air.

3 comments:

  1. Bonjour,
    Très joli travail que celui de cet arbre majestueux...
    Je suis une fascinée d'arbre! J'aime les admirer, toucher leurs troncs, leurs branches, leurs feuilles... parfois je les enlace... Ils me ressourcent!
    Je suis un peu "zin-zin" vous allez dire!
    Ils ont leur propre langage et effectivement ils peuvent traduire de la bonté comme de l'effroi...
    Gros bisous et bonne peinture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. strange, there is no tree here to see. clearly the previous viewer saw something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merci Martine,
    Vous êtes toujours aussi généreuse

    What can I say Mimi? Maybe I should outline it :)
    I'll do better next time!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.