Saturday, August 25, 2012

Blog or Facebook Page?

As the title says, I am wondering if a blog is redundant if you have a Facebook page. I find it much easier to post on my Facebook page and the interaction is wonderful.

Now here is my dilemma: I have been blogging for over 6 years and many of my posts are still googled and commented on many years later. On Facebook, the half-life of a post is about two days at max. After that you may get a hit from someone who is looking through your page with a lot of interest.

MorningTea500

So here posts have a long life and are searchable and accessible. On Facebook, they are not. On the other hand, My Facebook page is dynamic and  interactive, and I can post to it without much effort. I can also engage with people and get a valuable insight into what is being enjoyed by them on my page.
How about you? What are your thoughts? Should I keep both going?

If you are getting this post by email or on a subscription bases on a reader, please visit my Facebook page and like it because I am frankly doing much more posting and interaction there than here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.