Saturday, November 03, 2012

White River, Ontario–Oil on canvas 16”x20”

 

This one took me some time to finish. I kept going back to tweak the aerial perspective. You see there are two dimensions to the perspective: The obvious one back to the distant hills, and the altitude distance from the location of the easel to the river. Both had to be perfect for this painting to work.

WhiteRiverOntario
White River, Ontario – Oil on canvas 16”x20”

Unfortunately I am not sure the photograph does it justice. Aside form the glare which I tried so hard to avoid but just couldn’t, I am always dissatisfied with how the camera averages the subtle color shifts especially in the water.

Anyway, I am very happy with it. I hope you enjoy it too.

PS: Please be aware that I will ship through the end of November for the Holiday season. I do not like shipping in December because of the temp hands that are usually employed in shipping during December. I have not had a good experience with them. So if you insist on choosing late, you may wish to consider paying for courier shipping. Either way, email me if you have any questions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.