Sunday, February 17, 2013

Creek Bed In Winter, oil on canvas panel 5”x7”

Creekbedinwinter8Creek Bed In Winter, Oil on canvas panel, 5"x7"
http://zanbarrage.com/creekbedinwinter.htm

This creek bed is close to our home. It is dry most of the time except for rainy parts of winter and spring.

I wanted the energy of the branches to be the focus of this little work. There was a lot of brush in the creek bed of course, but I wanted to reduce the elements to what I needed. The houses are also higher than they are in real life. The hill is not that steep, but again I wanted to accentuate the “V” effect for design purposes.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome painting. The colors, texture and composition are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Usha,

    Thank you so much for your comment. I am so happy you like the painting. I did another one on the same day in the same spot but from a different angle. I hope to post it as soon as I am satisfied with it!

    Thanks again!
    Zan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! I am glad you like it.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.