Sunday, August 18, 2013

Canoeing Grace Lake

There is nothing that says Canada more than a canoe trip in the highlands of Ontario. Yes you may not be too far from civilization but when you paddle the quiet waters and meandering rivers to open lakes that swallow you in their grandeur, you can feel the place of man in nature. small. humble.


Canoeing Grace Lake, oil on panel 8”x10”

I did this oil painting from a shore just off Grace Lake. The channel I was on connects Dark Lake with Grace Lake close to Wilberforce. An amazing area to lose the city in you and get in touch with your primal self. The area was shadowed and dark, but I managed to see color and add as much as I could while staying true to the scene. I hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.