Friday, May 23, 2014

The Head! A new branch for me to climb.

I've been forcing myself to go back to basics and discipline. Drawing is the back bone of art and this is not easy for a landscape painter. Still, a week into it, and I think this is going OK. I could have done more on the eyes in the portrait, but these are studies. Not meant for show except for you guys.

Seriously painting landscapes seems so much more abstract than drawing figures and portraits. That is because there is more weight on composition and design I guess. Also as long as you have a basic understanding of perspective, you can pretty much get away with a lot in landscapes. Here, not so much unless if you want to go Picasso on the face.


I am really enjoying this. I plan to keep it up as much as I can while not having it take away from my landscapes. There is so much to do in art isn't there?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.